The SFTP SuiteApp is able to create records inside NetSuite and attach the downloaded file to this record. With a record, the user has full flexibility to further process the record and keep track of the processing status. SFTP Connector won’t provide further logic for processing the downloaded data but we could assist on request with additional consultancy if needed. This documentation will explain how to create a simple custom record and how to configure correctly the download configuration.
Create a custom record
To create a custom record navigate to Customization > List, Records, & Fields > Record Types > New. On the screen that opens populate at least the following information:
- Name (provide here a name that identifies the purpose of the newly created record)
- ID (if wanted you can use a predefined naming convention, if left empty NetSuite will create if for you)
- The further settings for the newly created record is up to the creator.
- Press the blue button labeled “Save”.
The new record should at least have one field where the SFTP SuiteApp can store the downloaded file. To create this field press the grey button labeled "New Field".
On the screen that opens populate at least the following information
- Name (provide here a name that identifies the purpose of the newly created field)
- ID (if needed you can use a predefined naming convention, if left empty NetSuite will create it for you)
- The further setting for the newly created field is up to the creator.
- Press the blue button labeled "Save".
Download Action Configuration
After creating the custom record you can proceed with altering the download action configuration. Navigate to Setup > SFTP Connector > Download Action Configuration. Open the configuration that should create a custom record and navigate to the subsection labeled "Create Record at Download". In this section set the following values:
- Create a record after each download (check this to enable the record creation)
- Record type to create (enter here the ID from the step “Create a custom record”)
- Record field to store file (enter here the ID from the step “Add Field”)
- Record creation template (may be left empty, but can be set if default fields on the custom record should be set)
The record creation template can set fields on the custom record with default values. This can for example be used to set a subsidiary or a user that is later used on the custom record to trigger further processing. The creation template only accepts JSON formatted coding. Below you will find an example that will set a value for the subsidiary field and the entity field. Keep in mind that the values are internal NetSuite IDs.
"The internal field name that must be set": "The internal ID from the value that must be set"
Now press the blue button labeled "Save". When the next scheduled download is triggered the system will create a custom record automatically that should hold the file that was downloaded by the SFTP SuiteApp.
After the scheduled processing the custom record type should hold new records with the downloaded file listed in the defined field as shown below in the print screen of the record created in this documentation.