The ZoneReconcile Suite App provides full support for importing a single file that holds one or multiple bank accounts. The solution is able to automatically split the account data for you and will create by default statements to process for each found account or date depending on the imported file type. With all the file types the system is able to import the file as a multi-account setup. If possible we recommend always setting up the system with this import option because it will protect the user against potentially importing data on an incorrect account (config).
Creating a multiple statement config
For each file type, you must create a separate multiple-statement configuration record.
To create a multiple statement configuration record navigate to Setup>ZoneReconcile Setup>Multiple Statement Config>New. On the page that opens you will see the following fields:
- Name (Provide here a custom name for your configuration. We would recommend using here the file name type like for example CAMT.053, MT940)
- Inactive (Leave this unchecked)
- Bank (Select here your file type)
- Folder id (Enter here the internal folder id where we store the imported files, more information regarding folders can be found in the section “Create a folder”)
- Identifier column (Only enter here a value if you are using the “CSV (Multiple Import)” selected under Bank. This column should hold the column number where the unique identifier can be found)
- CSV delimiter (Only enter here a value if you are using the “CSV (Multiple Import)” selected under Bank)
- Number of header rows (Only enter here a value if you are using the “CSV (Multiple Import)” selected under Bank. The header rows will be removed here so the individual bank account configuration won't hold any at this point)
- Number of trailing rows (Only enter here a value if you are using the “CSV (Multiple Import)” selected under Bank. The header rows will be removed here so the individual bank account configuration won't hold any at this point)
- Transactions per statement (Applicable for CSV, CAMT, Finance Finland, PAIN002 files only. Enter here the maximum amount of lines you would like to see on one statement, leave it empty for no limitation - for big statements we recommend to set the limit to a maximum of 300 lines for the best performance/experience.)
When all information is populated press the blue button labeled “Save” to store the configuration.
Alter the bank account configuration record
Go to the Bank Account Configuration records needed to be imported this way. Setup >ZoneReconcile Setup>Bank Account Configuration
- Multiple Statement Record: Choose the name of the Multi Config created in previous step
Multiple Statement Identifier: Enter the identifier of the account (reference of the bank account number)
- For CSV files: the value in this field should be equal to the value in the Identifier Column in the file
- For MT940 files: use the account number (note that some MT940 formats include the currency at the end of the account number, i.e. NL99RABO0123456789EUR)
- For CAMT.053 files: use the account number or IBAN
- Number of Header Rows: Please reset to zero
- Number of Trailing Rows: Please reset to zero
- Now you are ready to import files.