Zone Credit Card is a customizable solution that you can extend with standard NetSuite fields and functionalities. One of the requirements can be being able to upload attachments automatically when reconciling the bank statements. In this article we will provide a showcase how you can do so.
Although this manual offers the possibility to add attachments to the bank statement lines, we do not recommend to enter multiple attachments at the same time or for large statements containing more than 100 lines.
Create New Field
This will be a Credit Card Transaction field, where the attachment will be entered.
Using Administration or other Full Access role:
- Navigate to the Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record types.
- Filter on the Credit Card bundle and locate the Credit Card Transaction CR
- Click on the New Field button:
- Create the new field based on the screenshot. The label is the name. This is how this field will be displayed on the statement:
Create a Custom NetSuite Field
- Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Field
- Create new field: Attach File
- Make available for Journals & Custom transactions - Credit Card Transaction *see below screenshot included
Set the Additional Field Logic
Now we have to open the Credit Card configuration and add the logic for this additional field.
- Navigate to Setup > Credit Card Import Setup > Credit Card Configuration and click View on any of the configuration that this setup applies to.
- Then navigate to the new Additional Fields:
Fill in the form:
- Transaction Field / Transactions Field ID: Select the Custom NetSuite field you created for Credit Card transactions.
- Credit Card Statement Field ID: This is the Credit Card Transaction custom field created previously. Provide the internal ID of this field.
- Body or Line Level: Set as Body Field
Save the record and you can now edit the bank statement and add files for the transactions to be created.
When you process a bank statement line, the file/attachment is uploaded to the File Cabinet and the transaction record contains link to it: