This page explains how to correctly set up a custom user role
Continue Reading below:
- 1. How to troubleshoot missing permissions
- 2. How to mass update permissions to multiple roles
- 3. Allow custom roles to upload the Bill manually
- 4. Allow custom roles to view email messages attached to vendor bill record
1. How to troubleshoot missing permissions
The Scan & Capture SuiteApp instals an example user role that you can use to identify the minimal user permissions that a user role should have so the user is able to use the Scan & Capture SuiteApp in its full extent.
- NetSuite offers you an option to compare your custom user role with our default provided "Fast Four Scan & Capture" user role.
- To start this comparison you need to navigate to Setup> Users/Roles> Show Role Differences
How to identify and adjust the missing permissions
- Select as the base role the example user role named "Fast Four Scan & Capture" and compare it to the user role that should be able to use the Scan&Capture SuiteApp.
- Press the button "Show" to see a list of differences.
- The permissions on your custom user-role should be equal or higher than the default provided user role.
- An example of missing permissions is shown in the image above.
- This indicates that the permission for the custom record 'EFF_FW_ENV Var is for the custom user-role "None" and should be changed to a minimum permission value of "View".
- When all permissions are equal or higher you must alter some script deployments what is explained in the next step.
This article describes the necessary role permissions required for a user to access the Scan & Capture pages from a role other than Administrator.
The default roles that offered by NetSuite always need to be copied before they can be modified or customised.
In most cases the role can be renamed by adding the company name to the role name. Eg. A/P Clerk would be copied to create a new role called Fast Four A/P Clerk.
If you are working with the matching of Purchase Orders, the role also needs to have access to the Purchase Order information.
2. How to mass update permissions to multiple roles
Please refer to this SuiteAnswers article: Mass Updating a Permission on Custom Roles
3. Allow custom roles to upload the Bill manually
You may want to allow users with your own custom role to upload the bills manually by navigating to Transactions > Scan & Capture > Manually Upload Bill To Process.
In order to do that, you need to include this custom role to the Audience of the deployment from the script
- The script is called FF SC SL Instant Process UI.
If the custom role is not included in the Audience, the user will get the following error:
To add the privileges for the custom role in question, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Customisation > Scripting > Scripts.
- Sort the list of the scripts by Name and locate "FF SC SL Manually Upload Bill to Process" or "FF SC SL Instant Process UI" (depending on the version of the bundle) and click View on the line.
- Navigate to Deployments subtab and click on the title of the deployment.
- Edit the Script Deployment and add the desired role and save the changes.
4. Allow custom roles to view email messages attached to vendor bill record
- S&C will attached each email message on the communications tab.
- Set permission “Track Messages” at least to “View”.