To map where funds collected from your third-party payment provider (i.e. Stripe) are recorded in NetSuite, create an Account Mapping Profile record.
The ZP Account Mapping Profile allows you to configure how payment settlements (Payouts) and fees are recorded to your GL in NetSuite.
On this record, a user must specify, at a minimum, the payment provider’s “payout account,” which is your provider’s depository account, and General Ledger account those depository funds should be routed to within NetSuite.
As a reminder, at this time ZonePayments only supports an integration with Stripe. In Stripe, ensure that you have set up your bank account to receive payouts.
If you have configured your provider to payout in multiple currencies, you’ll need to create multiple Account Mapping Profiles.
Creating an Account Mapping Profile
To map where funds collected from your third-party payment provider (i.e. Stripe) are recorded in NetSuite, create an Account Mapping Profile record using the following steps:
- Log into NetSuite
- Go to Setup > Zone Payments Setup > ZP Account Mapping Profiles > New
- Link with your ZP Payment Profile
- In the ZP Payment Profile field, select from the drop-down list the ZP Payment Profile this Account Mapping Profile will be associated with.
- Confirm the Fees Account
- The Fees Account field will default to the account that you’ve configured on the associated Payment Profile. A more detailed explanation of the settings hierarchy can be found in the ‘Settings Hierarchy’ article.
- Populate the Provider Account ID
- The Provider Account ID is associated with the bank account you have determined as your “Payout Account” in your payment provider.
- To obtain the Provider Account ID, you will need to log into your payment provider. In Stripe, navigate to https://stripe.com/docs/api/accounts/retrieve. Here, on the right side of the page, you will see a real-time API response window, returning various parameters from your account (see example screenshot below for reference).
- To locate the parameter associated with Provider Account ID, scroll down in the response window until you see a section for “external_accounts” and locate “id.”
- Copy the“id”
- Confirm you have selected the correct “id” associated with your bank account, verify that the “last 4” and “routing_number” parameters match the last 4 digits of your bank account and your bank’s full routing number.
- Paste the “id” into the Provider Account ID field
- Select the GL Account to map to.
- In the Bank Account For Deposits field, select from the drop-down list the bank account where deposits made to this account are recorded.
- Click Save to create the record.
After setting up initial connection steps, you may begin to offer customers an easier way to pay for their invoice by generating Payment Links. Learn more about enabling this functionality on your Transactions under Payment Links and Payment Pages Overview.
Creating an Account Mapping Profile FAQ
Q: We may invoice in different currencies, do I need to configure multiple Account Mapping Profiles to support multiple payouts accounts?
A. A single Payment Profile may be linked to multiple Account Mapping Profiles, depending on how Payout Accounts have been configured with the payment provider. For example, if you have different Payout Accounts for each currency configured in your Payment Provider - you would create a ZP Account Mapping Profile for each of those accounts.