Identify Needed Permissions
The ZoneReconcile SuiteApp installs an example user role that you can use to identify the minimal user permissions that a user role should have so the user can use the ZoneReconcile SuiteApp to its full extent.
Netsuite offers you an option to compare your custom user role with our default provided "ZoneReconcile - Comparison Role" user role.
To start this comparison you need to navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Show Role Differences.
Select the Fast Four role as the base role and compare it to the user role that should be able to use the ZoneReconcile SuiteApp.
Press the button "Show" to see a list of differences.
The permissions on your custom user-role should be equal or higher than the default provided user role. An example of missing permissions is shown in the image above. This indicates that the permission for the custom record 'Bank Account Configuration" is for the custom user-role "None" and should be changed to a minimum permission value of "Full". When all permissions are equal or higher you may proceed to the next step of this documentation.
Additional Custom Permissions
These additional permissions only needs to be added if your company is using the Electronic payments module.
In our default "ZoneReconcile - Comparison Role" user role, we can't include by default the following custom user permissions:
- Company Bank Details
- Bill EFT Details
- Bill EFT Payment Information
- Payment File Administration
The custom role that will handle the ZoneRecondile should have access to the subsidiaries, for which they will import (and reconcile) statements. The settings is done on the custom role record, in the Subsidiary Restrictions section:
You may also consider to enable the preference “Allow cross-subsidiary record viewing”. Check this box to allow users logged in with this role to see, but not edit, records for subsidiaries to which the role is not granted access. With this preference, custom role is able to import and reconcile the statements from all subsidiaries.
Reconciliation Report Permissions
Next to these permissions, to access the Reconciliation Report a script deployment should be edited:
Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Scripts. Click View for BS SL Reconciliation Report. Go to the Deployment subtab. Edit the deployment and add the necessary roles to the audience.
Unlock Statements Permission
With the unlock statement option users can unlock statements that are stuck in the status processing. Before you unlock you must be certain that the statement is actually stuck in the processing stage, so wait at least 1 hour before triggering any kind of unlocking.
- The recommendation is to only provide this option to Admins. To provide users access to this section a script deployment must be altered.
- To provide access navigate to Customization > Scripting > Scripts.
- Locate here the script named "BS SL Unlock Statements" and open this. Navigate to the "Deployments" subtab and click on the hyperlink names "BS SL Unlock Statements".
- On the page that opens press the blue button "Edit" and add additional roles or users to the "Audience tab" After you have altered the audience save the new configuration. From now on these users or user roles should have access to the "Unlock Bank statement" section.