When a customer has made a pre-payment on a Sales Order but no invoice exists in NetSuite to match to. ZoneReconcile will allow the user to match the transaction to a Sales Order before it is converted into an invoice, the pre-payment will be automatically applied to the invoice.
1. In the bank account configuration, make sure the Matching Preferences option "Match deposits for sales orders on document number / parameters" is ticked:
Setup > ZoneReconcile Setup> Bank Account Configuration > (select the account configuration record you want to be able to match the prepayment to the Sales Order to) > Matching Preferences
2. If the bank transaction description contains the sales order information, this will be matched during the processing of the matching rules. If not, the transaction will need to be manually matched.
3. Select the customer name of the open sales order under the "NAME" column
4. This will open up the "POPUP" screen which will display all open transactions for the selected customer, including any open sales orders.
5. Apply the amount of the transaction to the required sales order and click on "Submit".
6. The amount has now been applied to the open sales order. If the user has completed the other transactions on the bank statement, click on "Save" in order to submit the transaction(s) on the bank statement. Once processed the ZoneReconcile SuiteApp will create a customer deposit against the selected Sales Order. On the bank statement you will see that there is a Customer Deposit number allocated after it has processed:
7. To find the deposit back, go into the Sales Oder and you can find the deposit under "Related Records" tab.
8. At the time when the Sales order is converted into an invoice, the payment is automatically applied to the invoice and the amount owing is reduced by the deposit(ed) amount(s).
After the payment has been generated from the bank statement, no further user action is required. Any future payments made on the invoice will apply to the open amount.