Payment Differences may be handled directly from the bank statement.
To do so, payment difference reasons must be setup.
A payment difference reason determines how the payment difference is posted in the general ledger.
1. Setting up Payment Difference Handling
- Enable the feature under Setup > Company > General Preferences > Custom Preferences > ZoneReconcile
- Go to Setup > ZoneReconcile Setup > Setup Payment Diff Reasons
- Some Examples:
2. Using Payment Difference Handling
- Open the popup on a bank statement line.
- Select a transaction. Make sure that the remaining amount of the transaction is more than the payment on the bank. This is an underpayment.
- Select a payment difference reason that is applicable to underpayments (if you select a reason applicable to overpayments you will get an alert).
- The remaining amount of the transaction is automatically filled in. NOTE: for foreign currency transactions the remaining amount may not be correct (for example the payment difference shows 3.85 instead of 5). The user has to correct this manually before proceeding.
- Start again and select a transaction that has an amount remaining less then the payment on the bank. This is an overpayment.
- Select a payment difference reason that is applicable to overpayments (if you select a reason applicable to underpayments you will get an alert).
- The paid amount not yet reconciled is automatically filled in.