ZoneReconcile is a customizable solution that you can extend with standard NetSuite fields and functionalities. One of the requirements can be being able to upload attachments automatically when reconciling the bank statements. In this article we will provide a showcase how you can do so.
Although this manual offers the possibility to add attachments to the bank statement lines, we do not recommend to enter multiple attachments at the same time or for large statements containing more than 100 lines.
- Step 1: Create a new field on the Bank Statement for attachments
- Step 2: Create a new NetSuite field to store the attachment
- Step 3: Set the additional field logic on the Bank Configuration
- Step 4: Upload your file to the bank statement transactions to be created
Step 1: Create new field - Bank Statement Transaction field - where the attachment will be entered
Using Administration or other Full Access role,
- Navigate to the Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types.
- Filter on the ZoneReconcile bundle and locate the Bank Statement Transaction.
- Click on the New field button:
- And create the new field based on the screenshot, the label is the name how this field will be displayed on the statement:
- After saving the field and the record, proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Create new field - NetSuite field - where the attachment will be stored
Next step is to create a transaction body field, where the attachment (or actually the link to it) will be stored.
Here we follow standard steps how to create the custom field and we decide to which transactions we want this to be applied (Journal, Custom Payment, Vendor Payment …).
- Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Body Fields > New.
- Create a field with following setup - you may choose again the label, and the transaction type on which you will be storing the attachments from the bank statement.
- Good practice is to also use good naming convention both for the label & ID.
Step 3: Set the additional field logic
Now we have to open the bank account configuration and add the logic for this additional field.
- Navigate to Setup > ZoneReconcile Setup > Bank Account Configuration and click View on any of the configuration that this setup applies to.
- Then navigate to Additional Parameters & Fields > Bank Statement Additional Fields
- Use the button New Bank Statement Additional Fields
Now we have to complete the configuration as follows:
- In the Source settings section populate the Bank Statement Transaction field created in step 1, which will auto-populate the ID of this field,
- In the Copy Settings section select the NetSuite field created from the step 2.
- SAVE the record
Step 4: Upload your File to the Bank Statement
You can now edit the bank statement and add files for the transactions to be created (not available for reconciliation of closed transactions).
When you process a bank statement line, the file/attachment is uploaded to the File Cabinet and the transaction record contains link to it: