The ZoneReconcile SuiteApp allows users to delete bank statements that are stored in the system.
- When deleting a statement the ZoneReconcile SuiteApp will always rollback the reconciled transactions on the statement so it's not needed to revert manually each line by hand.
- When you delete data it can not be retrieved anymore so only perform this operation when really needed.
Deleting a Statement
To delete a statement in full you must open the bank statement in view mode.
- To open a bank statement in view mode navigate to Transactions > ZoneReconcile > Statement List and press view on the bank statement line that you would like to remove. In edit mode, you won’t have the delete options available.
- On the bank statement that opens you press delete and wait until you see a confirmation page.
- If a confirmation is not shown and the system redirects you to the statement again it means that the statement is too big to be deleted in one go. In this situation simply repeat the process until you get a confirmation page. In each deletion run, you should see a decrease in the number of lines or matched lines.
It’s really important to read the confirmation page carefully because in certain situations the ZoneReconcile SuiteApp isn’t able to rollback a reconciled line. The confirmation page will always show a clear overview of potential transactions that must be reverted manually. In certain situations, it can happen that the system states something couldn’t be rolled-back while it was actually rolled-back. This is due to the fact the deleting records and checking the deleted records aren’t always running synchronized. Zone recommends always checking each warning by clicking the hyperlink with your right mouse button and open this in a new tab. If the page that opens states the record could not be found it means that the roll-back was actually performed correctly.
The transactions that can’t be rolled-back and always should be reverted manually are:
- Customer Refunds
- Direct Debit Reversals
These transactions do have a parent-child relationship and due to this the ZoneReconcile Suite App can’t decide correctly how to un-apply them.
When you delete a bank statement that originated from a multiple statement import then after deleting it will become again a statement to process. To fully remove the statement you should also remove the statement to process record
Deleting Statements to Process
To delete statements to process navigate to Transactions > ZoneReconcile > Statements to Process.
- By default, the page will open without the inline edit option enabled. To delete a record the inline edit option must first be enabled. This can be achieved by clicking on the slider button labeled “Edit”.
- When the inline edit is enabled you can hover on a line and at the beginning of the line, you will see a green icon. When you hover on the green icon you will see an option to delete the highlighted line.
To delete multiple lines in one go click in the name column and then hold your shift or command key and click lower or higher on a different line. This will draw a square around the selected lines. Now you can use the green icon to delete all the selected lines in one go.