Tips for Reconciling the Bank Statement
- Only create bank transactions from the statement (do not create them using the regular ways). When you have created a bank transactions outside of the tool, attach them to the statement using the 'Show Closed Transactions' checkbox on the Select Transactions popup.
- Check the start balance. Was the bank balance in NetSuite correct before entering this statement? This will help where to look: either in this statement or before. To find out, look at the Account Register for the bank account (Lists > Accounting > Accounts, click on the bank account).
- After making changes to earlier bank statements, edit and save all newer statements, because the Bank Balance NetSuite on the statement is only updated on save.
- Search for transactions outside of the bank statement: go to Transactions > Management > Search Transactions. Enter the following criteria and click Submit of Preview. The results will show transactions that are not linked to Criteria:
- Bank Statement is Any of -None-
- Account is the bank account
- Posting is Yes
- Optionally enter a date range