This article explains how to process transactions in ZoneCapture SuiteApp.
- Process a purchase transaction
- Options for defaulting items, accounts or other values on the vendor bill lines
- Reference fields on E-invoices
On your dashboard, click on Personalize in top right corner and navigate to SuiteApps section. There please click on "ZoneCapture" to add the ZoneCapture portlet.
Process a purchase transaction
- Click on the icon "Incoming" in the ZoneCapture portlet.
- Incoming purchase transactions can have one of the following statuses:
- Ready for Processing: the system was able to match the Subsidiary, Vendor and purchase order (if applicable) and the transaction can be processed
- Matching Incomplete: the system was not able recognize the supplier and transaction needs to be edited before processing
- Autoprocessing Failed: in case that Autoprocessing feature is used and the transaction could not be processed automatically for some reason, it ends up in the Incoming overview with this status and must be processed manually
- Data Recognition Error: the scanning process failed for some reason and values on the transaction needs to be fill out manually
- If the status is Matching Incomplete, purchase order was not matched with the transaction or any selection should be adjusted, click on the Internal ID on the transaction line. This will open the S&C Bill to Process record where the following information can be adjusted:
- Transaction Type
- Purchase Order
- Once adjusted, click on "Save" to go back to the Incoming overview or click on "Save&Process" to proceed with processing the transaction.
- Clicking on "Process" will load the bill in create mode. Clicking cancel bring you back to the list of Incoming purchase transactions to be processed.
- After saving the bill, the related incoming transaction will be removed from Incoming purchase transactions to be processed.
Please note that to bill Purchase Orders via our application you need to have the following feature enabled on your Netsuite account: ADVANCED RECEIVING (Setup > Company > Enable Features > Subtab Transactions).
Options for defaulting items, accounts or other values on the vendor bill lines
Users have several options to default items, accounts or other values on the lines of the vendor bill.
- For standalone Vendor Bills or Credits, consider using our Transaction Line Defaulting feature. In this feature you may create rules based on several parameters and default the line with chosen classifications or even add an addition value from another field.
- On the Vendor record > Scan & Capture > Default Vendor Bill Lines tab, specify multiple items or accounts with a split in percentage. You may also default classifications here (department, class, location). Using this option means the lines from the incoming document are disregarded. The total bill amount will be split over the number of lines specified in this list. This option overrules any default item or expense account. It will prevail over other methods to pre-populate lines.
- On the Vendor record > Financial tab, specify a Default Expense Account. All lines on the vendor bill will default to this account.
- On the Vendor record > Scan & Capture > General tab, specify a Default Item. All lines on the vendor bill will default to this item. This only works if in the S&C Main Configuration / S&C Subsidiary Setup (section Defaulting) the checkbox WHILE PRE-POPULATING NETSUITE PURCHASE TRANSACTIONS, USE ITEMS INSTEAD OF EXPENSES is checked.
If no such option is used, the default account or item in the Setup page is selected.
Reference fields on E-invoices
E-invoices may contain several references provided by the supplier that do not exist natively in NetSuite. Scan & Capture puts these references in custom fields on the vendor bill. It is recommended to either make these fields visible, or use a workflow to copy the field values to other fields.
|Reference||NetSuite Field||PEPPOL Terminology|
|Payment Reference: KID, OCR, Viite etcetera||E-Document Payment Reference||Payment Means > Payment Identifer > ID|
|Buyer Reference||E-Document Buyer Reference||Buyer Reference > ID|