On this page the relevant settings on the vendor record are explained, per subtab of the vendor record.
- Financial tab
- Scan & Capture tab
- Default Expense Account field: In this field, users may specify an account where vendor bill lines should be defaulted. Please see Process a Purchase Transaction section ‘Options for defaulting items or accounts’ for more information about this topic.
Scan & Capture (tab)
- Disable Line Level Recognition checkbox: Check this preference if you prefer to have one line on the vendor bill with the total amount, instead of multiple lines. In this case, for incoming documents that contain multiple lines, those lines are disregarded and only one line with the total amount is prepopulated on the vendor bill.
If the PDF invoice contains multiple subtotals per different tax rate and the OCR tool is able to identify it, one line per tax rate is created.
Default Vendor Bill Lines (subtab)
This functionality allows users to spread an amount over multiple accounts or items. This way users do not post the lines as specified by the vendor, but instead make it’s own split.
An example may be IT investments, that for accounting reasons may be split 60% to an asset account and 40% to an expense account. Another example is a phone bill, that should be split over departments using a predefined percentage.
Using this option means the lines from the incoming document are disregarded. The total bill amount will be split over the number of lines specified in this list.
Please see Process a Purchase Transaction section ‘Options for defaulting items or accounts’ for more information about this topic and how it relates to other options for defaulting items.
Trained Field Mapping (subtab)
In this section, you'll find a list of trainings for the custom fields created for the particular Vendor via Point & Click Autolearning feature.
General Settings (subtab)
- S&C DEFAULT ITEM FOR INCOMING BILLS: Specify a default item that will be used to prepopulate vendor bills. This only works if in the Setup (section Incoming E-Documents > Accounting) the checkbox WHILE PRE-POPULATING NETSUITE PURCHASE TRANSACTIONS, USE ITEMS INSTEAD OF EXPENSES is checked.
- S&C AUTOMATICALLY PROCESS BILLS / CREDITS: Enable this option to have incoming purchase transactions for this vendor automatically processed and saved as a vendor bill. Depending on the specific configuration in your NetSuite account the bill may be sent for approval or posted directly. Please make sure that the autoprocessing feature is enabled in Setup > Scan & Capture Setup > Scan & Capture Main Configuration > General section > ENABLE AUTO-PROCESSING FO INCOMING BILLS TO PROCESS WHEN A VENDOR IS MATCHED preference.
- S&C PURCHASE ORDER VALIDATION RULE: Select a validation rule that should be used for PO related transactions for this supplier.
System Variables (subtab)
In case that EFT solution is not used in your account hence the Bank Payment Details subtab is not present on the Vendor records, you may populate the fields listed below. The OCR tool will use the bank details populated in these fields for the vendor matching purposes within the scanning process.
- S&C IBAN: Populate the IBAN of the Vendor that is present on the PDF invoices.
- S&C BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: Populate the Bank Account Number of the Vendor that is present on the PDF invoices.
- S&C BANK CODE: Populate the Bank Code of the Vendor that is present on the PDF invoices.
Please note that the S&C fields for bank details are used for the scanning process in ZoneCapture only.
If the bank details of the Vendor are populated in the Bank Payment Details subtab, leave the fields empty. They will be copy to the S&C fields automatically.
Users may disregard other fields in this subtab, it is to support correct functioning of the application.