Scan & Capture includes PO matching and several ways to validate the bill against the PO.
Matching the Purchase Order with Transaction
To match the purchase order with the incoming transaction automatically, the following conditions must be met:
- PO number must be present on the PDF invoice so the OCR tool is able to scan it
- PO number on the PDF is equal as the PO number in your NetSuite account
In case that the PO number is missing on the invoice or has different format than is used in your NetSuite account, user has to link the purchase order on the incoming transaction manually:
- In the Incoming purchase transactions to be processed, click on the Internal ID on the dedicated transaction line.
- After the Bill to Process record is loaded, select the purchase order/s in the Purchase Orders dropdown list.
- Click on "Save" to go back to the Incoming overview or click on "Save & Process" to proceed with processing the transaction.
In NetSuite you always have to create a bill from a PO to link the bill to the PO. You cannot first create the bill and later link it to a PO.
To guarantee the matching, we recommend that the Purchase Order document number contains prefix (such as PO) and at least 2, ideally 8 numbers. Minimum characters is 4.
Processing PO related transaction
When the PO is matched, the vendor bill will open with all the lines (remaining to be billed) from the PO. By default there is no validation done at this point. The user should review the lines with the PDF and save when correct.
Validation of the bill against the PO is depending on whether the 3-Way Match feature is used in ZoneCapture in your account. For further details, continue to 3-Way Match page.