This page explains how you can easily identify vendor records that should be updated to improve the automatic matching.
- Matching explained
- Vendors that cannot be synced
The Scan & Capture SuiteApp tries to match for you automatically the vendor that should be connected to the incoming purchase transaction. To create a correct match the matching logic uses data that is present in your Netsuite account. For the matching, the logic uses the data present on the vendor record. If the data for a particular vendor isn’t complete it may lead to mismatches. To ensure the best matching we have included three reminders that indicate the data that you should be updating. When you update data then the changes will take effect within 24 hours.
Vendors are matched using the following rules:
1. Email domain in the incoming email
When an email is forwarded to NetSuite the information in that email is used to find the correct vendor, as follows:
- The domain name of the sender of the email address is compared against the Email field on the vendor records. When there is a matching domain, it is considered a match.
- The email body is search for email addresses. This is done for the situation where an internal employee forwards the email from the supplier to NetSuite - in such a case the vendor email address will be in the body of the email. The domain name(s) of the found email addresses are compared against the Email field on the vendor records. When there is a matching domain, it is considered a match.
Common email domain names like gmail, outlook and yahoo are ignored. Administrators can add email domain names that should be ignored under Setup > Scan & Capture Setup > Scan & Capture Main Configuration > General section > EXCLUDED DOMAIN NAMES FOR MATCHING ALGORITHM field.
It is recommended to add your company’s email domain to this list. Also add common email addresses, e.g for Australian companies we recommend to add “xero“, “post“ and “post.xero” to the list.
2. Looking for the unique company IDs
The fields that uniquely identify a company are:
- IBAN or Bank Account Number
If one of these are found, it’s considered a reliable match to a vendor.
3. Looking for the company name and address (default billing address)
The program uses the records it retrieved from the Data set as hypotheses when looking for the name and address of the company.
- The program looks for the Name and Street fields both as one string with 25% of errors allowed or as individual words (in the latter case, the clustering of words on the image is taken into account).
- The program looks for the ZIP and City fields as a single component, expecting both fields to be positioned on the same line.
Vendors that cannot be synced
The reminder named “Vendors that cannot be synced” will show an overview of all vendors that can’t be synced with Abbyy. If a vendor can’t be synced then this means that the matching logic won’t automatically match this vendor with an incoming purchase transaction. We recommend adding this reminder to your dashboard to get a quick insight into enhancements that can be made to improve the automatic matching of vendors with incoming purchase transactions
Adding the “Vendors that cannot be synced” to your reminders
To add this reminder to your reminders on the dashboard you need to navigate to your dashboard and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the Reminders portlet and select “Set up”.
In the pop-up, you need to search for vendors and click on the reminder to add it to the reminder portlet. By default, the new reminder would be present under the “Other” section, but you could drag and drop it under Headline to be more prominent. More information regarding reminders can be found in the topic “Add Reminders to Dashboard”.
When you click on the newly created reminder Netsuite will open the saved search.
Enrich the vendor data
A vendor will only be synced if the following mandatory information is present
- Vendor’s Name
- Vendor's Country
The vendor name will in most cases be present, but the vendor's address is recommended to be a complete address with the following elements:
But most importantly, the VAT number and IBAN/Bank Account are the best sources for matching, so we recommend to have this value populated on the vendor record.
IBAN or bank account numbers are retrieved from the primary Entity Bank Details on the vendor record. Only one IBAN or bank account number per vendor is supported, therefore the primary is chosen. If you do not use Entity Bank Details, you may enter bank account numbers in the S&C Bank Account Number field on the vendor record.