This page explains how you can request readout enhancements
About Invoice Data Capturing
- The application aims to have 100% correct captured data. However, this is primarily an automation application. Therefore, every field that is recognized reduces manual entry. So even when not all fields are captured correctly, it still is quicker than manually entering vendor bills.
- The OCR engine works best on well-structured invoices. For example to capture the invoice date, a label ‘Invoice Date’ should be present. When the OCR engine finds the Invoice Date label, it searches to the right and below that label for a date. Therefore well-structured invoice layouts perform best.
- DPI of 300 is recommended. Lower then 150 will result in lower data quality. Higher then 600 increases processing time without better results.
- Line items are being recognized, even when the line item table stretches on multiple pages. However, it usually has less quality results then header-level fields because there are more variations in line item tables then in header-level fields. The downside of line-level recognition is that when amounts are not captured correctly, it takes more time to correct. You may choose to disable line-level capturing on the vendor record.
When data quality is not good enough (generally we qualify less then 90% correct recognition as ‘not good enough’), we can initiate vendor-specific training on the OCR engine. 90% means that 1 out of 10 fields on a vendor bill are not captured correctly.
Report Data Capture Quality Issues
On the Vendor Bill record, in create mode, please click "Report Data Capture Quality Issue". This button is only visible when:
- The vendor bill was processed through Abbyy
- The Subsidiary field is populated
- The Vendor field is populated (if not populated automatically, please select manually)
- On the screen that opens enter as clearly as possible what wasn't recognized correctly. Try to provide as much detail as possible. When done submit the request.
- You will receive an email confirmation with a case number
- In most cases, a member of our team will initiate training for this vendor on the OCR application. The next time you submit an invoice you may see some improvements. When a vendor has been trained three times, you will see the best improvements.
- In other cases, a different type of improvement is required, such as adding keywords to the database.
Please create only Data Quality case per Vendor. The training is applied on all future PDF invoices from a certain supplier. Creating multiple Data Quality cases for one Vendor leads to the duplicates in our system and slowing the resolution time.